Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Word is Out...FINALLY!

As of Friday the world, or at least those on Facebook, officially know about our big news! It's such a relief to not have to keep that bottled up anymore. Thanks to all those who did though! The immediate response from our friends as been amazing! My heart feels so full and Erik and I consider ourselves truly blessed to have such incredible support. I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing "you'll be a great Mom". Hands down the BEST compliment ever! I've added new songs to my playlist in honor of this great occasion. The first one is cheesy but I couldn't help myself. The words are too cute!
What led to this wide release of information you ask? Our first ultra sound also happened on Friday. Erik and I headed to our second doctor's appointment with no expectation of having one since my office doesn't do ultra sounds without a medical reason until 20 weeks. I thought I would go crazy if I didn't have one before then! We were however supposed to hear the heart beat at our visit with the doppler thingy. (Yes, that IS the technical term.) I guess I tugged at the doctor's heart just enough because she kind of faked not hearing the heart beat and ordered me to have an ultra sound done "just to be safe". I love her! I nearly jumped off the table when she told us. And basically the smile never left my face for the rest of the day. Even when I had to do my blood work! Here's a picture of what I've been calling our little gummy bear since that's how the ultra sound tech described the size of our baby right now. She also said our baby was really moving and shakin'! It's little arms were moving all around and you could see it's legs kicking up a storm! The MOST AMAZING thing I've ever experienced. Of course, I cried the whole time.
I already consider myself a religious person but even if I wasn't, there is no way you can witness an ultra sound and not believe in an amazing creator. It is LIFE CHANGING to watch your little baby moving around inside of you. Seeing the teeny tiny heart beat just reminds me of how incredible our Lord is. I am so lucky to be married to the man I love and adore, have the fantastic friends and family that I have, AND be able to bring another life into this world.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

i LOVE it!!! So stinkin' EXCITED for you i can hardly stand it!! Now i cant hardly stand it till we find out what Jaxson's lil' lil' will be!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Congratulaions again! You WILL be one AMAZING Momma that's for sure!

JoEllyn McAtee said...

Look at that little Dunn:) So excited for you two!!!