Saturday, January 16, 2010

IT'S A GIRL!

It's official...we're having a little girl!
I have to admitt that I've been cheating a little bit though. Since I work at the hospital now, the girls in the Ultrasound department have been nice enough to practice their skills on me a few times. So technically we kinda knew that it was a girl but as of January 4th, it's official. My OB sent us to a speicialist for this ultrasound so they can monitor our baby girl's heart. She had some concerns with a medication I had taken prior to finding out I was pregnant and just wants to play it safe. Fine by me! But Dr. King said that everything with our little sweet pea looks great and we should have nothing to be concerned about! We'll go back on February 1st for another one just to be sure.
Other than that big news, everything else has been business as usual. We had an incredible Christmas this year! I just kept thinking that it would be the last Christmas with just the two of us. Next year we'll be a family of three! I so look forward to starting new traditions and watching our little one discover new things between now and then. I just hope I can make the holidays as amazing as my parents did. I know we'll have fun trying though. And it will all be caputured on video thanks to my mom and dad who bought us a video camera for Christmas!
For my birthday this year, I was lucky enough to get a pregnancy massage. It was AMAZING! I came home and told Erik that I need one at least every month until the baby arrives. It's definitely helped with the back pain and the horrible leg cramps that I get in the middle of the night. Gotta love those joys of pregnancy! And to think, I still have SO many to look forward to!